Thursday 14 August 2014

The Pact by Jodi Picoult


★★★★☆
The Pact
Jodi Picoult
Sypnosis (goodreads)

"For eighteen years the Hartes and the Golds have lived next door to each other, sharing everything from Chinese food to chicken pox to carpool duty-- they've grown so close it seems they have always been a part of each other's lives. Parents and children alike have been best friends, so it's no surprise that in high school Chris and Emily's friendship blossoms into something more. They've been soul mates since they were born.

So when midnight calls from the hospital come in, no one is ready for the appalling truth: Emily is dead at seventeen from a gunshot wound to the head. There's a single unspent bullet in the gun that Chris took from his father's cabinet-- a bullet that Chris tells police he intended for himself. But a local detective has doubts about the suicide pact that Chris has described."



Like all books these days, The Pact was spoiled for me so I knew what happened.
Nontheless, it was a very good book. It took me 3-4 days and I brought it to school, reading at lunch, break, in Science class and on the ride home. After the first 10 pages I was hooked. This is how I describe the book:
With, of course a LOT of mystery. Even though I knew the ending and what happened to Em (which was plain awful) When I  got to the part when Chris told them the truth I was like this

There were definitely some REALLY weird and unnecessary parts, though I knew, and not from spoilers that the four parents were going to have relationship problems.


As for Emily and Chris, I really liked their relationship although I felt that Chris made some REALLY stupid decisions. I was convinced I would cry while reading this book, but surprisingly I didn't. 
I couldn't put this book down easily. Jodi writes so well! The wording and style of her writing was really readable.  I think, though, that if I owned the book it may have taken me longer, because I wouldn't have to bring it back to the library. It sounds dumb but I'm happy I was given a pretty cover of the book instead of the one I got the first time I issued it, I mean LOOK AT THIS HIDEOUS COVER


I am REALLY picky with book covers :\
But anyway, this book is highly recommended by me, although I doubt I would buy a copy of it.
Any questions or comments just leave in the comments. :) Thanks for reading!!!

>>------->Aria\Emmi<------<<


No comments:

Post a Comment